Planned Works Quantity Surveyor
Are you ready to take your career to the next level in commercial management?
Our client are seeking a Planned Works Quantity Surveyor to join their team and take charge of day-to-day commercial operations for the assigned contract. As a key member of our team, you will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager, and your contributions will be crucial in achieving outstanding results and ensuring smooth project delivery.
– Conducting pre and post inspections for the assigned work elements to ensure quality and compliance.
– Managing variations and resolving disputes between subcontractors, MD, and the client through thorough site inspections and validation.
– Procuring and effectively managing subcontractors with support from the Contract Manager.
– Accurate and timely composition of applications, invoices, and final accounts.
– Handling commercial reporting for the assigned contract and providing monthly reports to SMT & Board.
– Ensuring proper cost charging for all jobs, including timesheets, purchase invoices, and subcontractor costs.
– Maintaining strong communication with clients, both internal and external, and preparing all required reports and documentation as needed.
– Collaborating with the Contract Manager & Operations Manager to prepare forecasts.
– Proactively managing margin within business targets and expectations.
**Managing the Process:**
– Ensuring subcontractor work meets the required standard and client specifications.
– Active participation in the monthly Regional Review Meeting.
– Providing timely and accurate documentation, including invoices, applications, commercial performance reporting, and forecasting.
– Implementing effective cost control procedures.
– Optimizing the administration of sub-contracts, ensuring order documentation is robust and payments/notices are in accordance with company policies.
– Managing disputes constructively and in a timely manner.
– Providing detailed information and updates to the Operational lead and Commercial Director as required.
**Technical Skills and Knowledge:**
– Knowledge of SOR, Open Book, Cost Plus pricing models is essential.
– Proficiency in commercial strategy and innovation to maximize profit and cash management.
– Understanding of claims and dispute resolution.
– Strong knowledge of financial reports and management accounts.
– Ability to manage time and prioritize work effectively.
– Knowledge and management of sub-contract orders, buying, and estimating processes.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
If you are ready to take on this exciting challenge and contribute to the success of our projects, we want to hear from you! Apply now and be a part of a dynamic team that values excellence, innovation, and collaboration. Take the next step in your career with us!
Job Reference: HQ00163168_1690451304
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date:
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Avonmouth, Bristol
Job Industry: Construction White Collar and Freelance